Yankee Whipper® Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder
Keep squirrels away from your bird feeder and save seed with the Yankee Whipper® Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder. It allows the birds to eat and saves seed by keeping squirrels away.
- Weight-sensitive perches are calibrated to collapse under approximately 2 oz. of weight
- Curved perch design encourages cardinals and small songbirds to eat, but prevents squirrels from feeding
- Length and width of tube are designed to prevent squirrels from reaching the ports
- With a large 5 lb. capacity, you don’t need to refill your feeder every day
- Heavy metal cap fits snugly on the tube to prevent squirrels from lifting it to reach the seed
- Internal baffle design keeps seed flowing freely to the four ports
- Metal cap and base are powder-coated in blue
- Hang from the looped stainless steel wire which reduces motion
- Components made in the U.S A. and in Taiwan
- Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage
Hungry birds will adapt as best they can to the conditions in order to survive and larger birds will sometimes hang onto the collapsed perch and continue to feed. It is uncomfortable for them and difficult so it discourages them but might not be the ultimate preventative.